Welcome to the NMS chemical and biological metrology website. Please log in
to view restricted content.
Quality Assurance in Analytical Chemistry
The issue of quality assurance in the analytical chemistry laboratory has become of great importance in recent years.
Quality Assurance in Analytical Chemistry introduces the reader to the whole concept of quality assurance. It discusses how all aspects of chemical analysis, from sampling and method selection to choice of equipment and the taking and reporting of measurements affect the quality of analytical data. Finally, the implementation and use of quality systems are covered.
The book is a fully revised new edition of the popular ‘ACOL’ text Quality in the Analytical Chemistry Laboratory.
- The need for reliable results
- General principles of quality assurance and quality control
- Preparing for analysis and making measurements
- Data treatment (including control charts and evaluation of uncertainty)
- Benchmarking your laboratory
- Documentation and its management.
Quality Assurance in Analytical Chemistry covers the whole analytical process from commissioning the analysis to delivering the results.
- Introductory text with little prior knowledge of QA and QC assumed/required
- Self-paced learning text
- QA and QC for a laboratory with routine and/or research activities
- Coverage of management and technical requirements
- Simple language with rigorous use of terminology.
Price: £35 (paperback), £80 (hardback)
Available to purchase from Wiley.
- Author - Prichard E; Barwick V
- Reference Number - ISBN: 978-0-470-01204-8
Last modified on
27 February 2008.