Welcome to the NMS chemical and biological metrology website. Please log in
to view restricted content.
Project G3 - Ozone precursors and indoor air
The aim of this project is to provide capability for measuring ambient ozone, ambient concentration gases known to play a role in ozone and particle formation, and gaseous species encountered in indoor air and through occupational exposure.
The objectives of the project are:
- To develop and disseminate standards for ozone precursors, and measurement of indoor air and occupational exposure.
- To organise a comparison for ozone precursors for EUROMET laboratories, and a proficiency testing scheme for laboratories working on materials emissions testing.
- To validate, or delimit, common manual techniques for ambient hydrocarbon and ammonia measurement.
- To upgrade the UK standard ozone photometer for dissemination and participation in an international comparison.
- To investigate methods for sampling and accurate measurement of semi-volatile organic compounds.
- To extend the range of nationally available primary standard gas mixtures to underpin measurements of indoor air quality and occupational exposure.
- Publication of a paper entitled 'Monitoring of ozone precursors in ambient air using pumped and diffusive sampling on the sorbent Carbopack X'.
- Publication of a paper entitled 'A comparison of gas- and liquid-loaded sorbent standards for the calibration of measurements of volatile organic compounds'.
Last modified on
07 March 2012.