Welcome to the NMS chemical and biological metrology website. Please log in
to view restricted content.
Skills to learn and practise
The analyst should know how to:
- fill a pipette and dispense liquids using a pipette filler;
- correctly align the meniscus of the liquid with the calibration line of a glass pipette;
- identify and rectify problems with a pipette which is either blocked or leaking;
- clean a glass pipette;
- clean the mechanism of an automatic pipette;
- dispense liquids using an automatic pipette.
Last modified on
21 September 2007.