Welcome to the NMS chemical and biological metrology website. Please log in
to view restricted content.
Lean process improvement (TRLMI06)
- Event Type - Training Course
- Location - LGC, Teddington
- Start Date - 10 October 2012
- Duration - 1 day
- Cost - £360 + VAT
In order for businesses to remain agile and competitive in the market place it is essential for them to improve services whilst reducing cost. The Lean approach to process improvement developed in the manufacturing industry, but is just as applicable to laboratory and office based businesses wishing to improve quality and performance within the work place.
Lean practice has transformed many leading global industries and has been shown to help businesses:
- Streamline processes and eliminate waste
- Reduce delivery times
- Increase productivity
- Improve customer communication and satisfaction.
This course introduces the fundamental principles behind Lean practice and the systematic approach to continuous improvement. Participants will learn how to use valuable tools such as; CANDO, KANBAN, process mapping, cause & effect diagrams, Pareto diagrams, process modelling and performance measurement tools.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at anyone interested in developing a culture of continuous improvement in their workplace including, individuals who manage day to day delivery, team leaders and project managers.
The course provides greatest benefit when groups of individuals from a company attend together with the intention of developing team based improvement projects.
What are the benefits?
This course will help you:
- Gain an understanding of the systematic Lean approach to continuous improvement
- Develop practical skills that will enable you to develop a Lean culture within your team
- Understand how and when to use key process improvement tools
- Produce simple, effective plans for successful improvement projects.
The course will cover:
- An introduction to Lean theory
- Practical coaching in the use of Lean tools and methods
- The systematic approach to managing continuous improvement.
Further information and bookings
Contact the LGC Training Centre for further information or to make a booking:
LGC Training Centre
LGC, Queens Road, Teddington, Middlesex, TW11 0LY
Tel: +44 (0)20 8943 7631
Book on-line here
Last modified on
15 August 2012.